Israel confirms targeting senior militant in Gaza strike
Jerusalem: Israeli Army today confirmed
that it was behind a deadly air strike that killed a senior
member of a Palestinian radical group which, it said, was
planning to abduct Israelis in the Sinai Peninsula.
Israel`s defence establishment confirmed that the
attack was a coordinated by Internal Security Agency, Shin
Bet, and Israel Defence Forces (IDF) to Islam Yassin.
"In a joint operation between the IDF (Israeli
Defence Forces) and the Shin Bet (domestic security services),
an attack was carried out against a senior member of the Army
of Islam," a statement said.
Yassin`s brother, Mohammed, was also killed in the
attack when the Israel Air Force attacked their car in central
One of its senior figures of The Army of Islam, a
shadowy militant group that is inspired by al Qaeda, was
assassinated about two weeks ago also in a joint operation by
the IDF and Shin Bet security service.
Israel has warned its nationals to refrain from
travelling to Sinai, citing concrete warnings of terror
attacks and efforts by global Jihadi groups to kidnap them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda