Israel drawn into Syria fighting for first time
Jerusalem: The Israeli military has fired a missile into Syria, the first time Israel has been drawn into the fighting in the neighbouring country.
The military said it fired the missile as a warning shot today after a stray mortar from Syria hit a military post in the Golan Heights. Israel captured the Golan from Syria in the 1967 Mideast war and subsequently annexed it.
The military says no damage or injuries were reported inside Israel.
A string of mortar shells have struck the Golan during the Syrian civil war. Israel views the fire as accidental, but nonetheless has warned that it holds Syria responsible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Guess who? Angered by film failure, this actor breaks hotel furniture
- Determined Sonakshi Sinha's first 'Akira' poster looks intriguing! – Pic inside
- Turkey allows more patrol flights on Syria border by NATO allies: Official
- Video: How Wales's players celebrated rivals England's exit from the Euro 2016. Crazy!
- Anna Hazare unveils poster of his biopic