Israel: Explosions occurred at Hezbollah depot
Jerusalem: Israel`s military said that
surveillance footage from drones shows that the explosions
that rocked a village in southern Lebanon this week occurred
at a residential building used by Hezbollah as a weapons
A series of blasts ripped through a building in the
Hezbollah-dominated village of Shehabiyeh on Friday. There did
not appear to be any casualties from the blasts, which set off
a large fire. Hezbollah, which is backed by Iran, did not
comment on the nature of the explosions or whether the
building had been used to store weapons.
Israeli military spokeswoman Lt Col Avital Leibovich told
The Associated Press yesterday that footage from Israeli
drones shows suspected Hezbollah militants removing weapons
from the site and transferring them to other Hezbollah
Leibovich said it was the third time this year that
explosions have torn through a suspected Hezbollah weapons
cache. She also accused the group of maintaining military
facilities -- including bunkers and storage depots for large
quantities of weapons -- in 160 villages across southern
She alleged that the caches include the type of rockets
that Hezbollah launched by the hundreds on northern Israeli
cities during the 2006 war.
Friday`s blasts occurred south of the Litani River, the
zone where Hezbollah is banned from keeping weapons under a UN
resolution that ended the 2006 war between the Shiite
militants and Israel.
The area is patrolled by a UN peacekeeping force, known
as UNIFIL, as well as Lebanese soldiers and has been largely
peaceful since the conflict. UNIFIL said yesterday that it was
still investigating Friday`s incident, but that it had no
reports of suspicious activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon