Israel-Gaza air strikes kill 151 people, western countries to discuss ceasefire today
Zee Media Bureau
London: Even as Israel, Hamas continue to remain defiant and the death toll increased to 151, western countries will hold a meeting in Vienna on Sunday to on how to ceasefire in Gaza.
Britain, US, France and Germany will meet in Vienna where the discussion will be held on the sidelines of talks on Iran`s nuclear programme, the AFP reported.
The talks will be held a day after UN Security Council urged both Hamas and Israel to restore the "calm and restitution of the November 2012 ceasefire."
The UNSC also expressed serious concern over the security of civilians trapped on both sides in the ongoing violence.
Meanwhile, Israel on Saturday claimed to have fired 1,160 strikes while Hamas fired 689 rockets since the offensive began on Tuesday.
A mosque in the central Gaza Strip was also bombed overnight. A Hamas spokesman reportedly said a pair of mosques was struck in the first attack of its kind since Israel began its offensive.
The Israeli military said the building had been used to store weapons.
Hamas, meanwhile, said it fired four rockets at the Israeli city of Ashdod.
A large fire broke out in a UN humanitarian relief compound in the east of Gaza City. Israel said it was caused by Hamas rockets falling short, though this has not been confirmed.
Israel hit a residential home for disabled people in Beit Lahiya, killing two severely handicapped women in the care facility, Palestinian officials said.
The Israeli military says it is targeting militants and militant facilities, including the homes of senior operatives. It says "dozens of terrorists" are among those killed.
Rockets fired from Gaza hit in and near two cities in the southern West Bank today, the Army said.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'