Israel: Gaza strike hit al Qaeda-inspired group
Jerusalem: Israel`s military says its aircraft fired at militants belonging to an al Qaeda-inspired group in Gaza a day after rockets hit a house in Israel.
A military statement said aircraft "targeted terror operatives" of a "Gaza-based global jihad affiliate" this evening.
Palestinian health official Ashraf al-Kidra said one man was killed and another injured in the airstrike. Hamas said a security facility was hit, causing no injuries.
A rocket fired from Gaza hit a house in southern Israel yesterday. Nobody was hurt but a bedroom was sprayed with shrapnel.
Israel and Gaza`s Hamas rulers have mostly kept an unwritten truce since a short war almost four years ago.
Attacks have persisted but at a slower pace. Gaza militants fired over 40 rockets at Israeli towns this month, the military said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj