Israel: Gaza strike hit al Qaeda-inspired group
Jerusalem: Israel`s military says its aircraft fired at militants belonging to an al Qaeda-inspired group in Gaza a day after rockets hit a house in Israel.
A military statement said aircraft "targeted terror operatives" of a "Gaza-based global jihad affiliate" this evening.
Palestinian health official Ashraf al-Kidra said one man was killed and another injured in the airstrike. Hamas said a security facility was hit, causing no injuries.
A rocket fired from Gaza hit a house in southern Israel yesterday. Nobody was hurt but a bedroom was sprayed with shrapnel.
Israel and Gaza`s Hamas rulers have mostly kept an unwritten truce since a short war almost four years ago.
Attacks have persisted but at a slower pace. Gaza militants fired over 40 rockets at Israeli towns this month, the military said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?