Israel: Gaza strike hit al Qaeda-inspired group
Jerusalem: Israel`s military says its aircraft fired at militants belonging to an al Qaeda-inspired group in Gaza a day after rockets hit a house in Israel.
A military statement said aircraft "targeted terror operatives" of a "Gaza-based global jihad affiliate" this evening.
Palestinian health official Ashraf al-Kidra said one man was killed and another injured in the airstrike. Hamas said a security facility was hit, causing no injuries.
A rocket fired from Gaza hit a house in southern Israel yesterday. Nobody was hurt but a bedroom was sprayed with shrapnel.
Israel and Gaza`s Hamas rulers have mostly kept an unwritten truce since a short war almost four years ago.
Attacks have persisted but at a slower pace. Gaza militants fired over 40 rockets at Israeli towns this month, the military said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened