Israel has `reservations` about UN flotilla report
Jerusalem: Israel will accept the United Nations report on its deadly attack last year on a flotilla of aid boats for the Gaza Strip with some reservations, a senior official said on Friday.
"We will announce our acceptance of the report after its official publication, with specific reservations," the official who declined to be identified said.
The official stressed that the report had declared legal Israel`s naval blockade of the Palestinian territory, according to the text published in the New York Times on Thursday.
The UN-mandated inquiry said Israel used "excessive" violence when its special forces killed nine people in their attack on the Turkish-led flotilla on May 31, 2010.
But it also said the flotilla organisers had been reckless and that Israel`s naval blockade of Gaza, controlled by the radical Islamic Hamas movement, is legal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal