Israel has `reservations` about UN flotilla report
Jerusalem: Israel will accept the United Nations report on its deadly attack last year on a flotilla of aid boats for the Gaza Strip with some reservations, a senior official said on Friday.
"We will announce our acceptance of the report after its official publication, with specific reservations," the official who declined to be identified said.
The official stressed that the report had declared legal Israel`s naval blockade of the Palestinian territory, according to the text published in the New York Times on Thursday.
The UN-mandated inquiry said Israel used "excessive" violence when its special forces killed nine people in their attack on the Turkish-led flotilla on May 31, 2010.
But it also said the flotilla organisers had been reckless and that Israel`s naval blockade of Gaza, controlled by the radical Islamic Hamas movement, is legal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India may approach Britain on bringing back Kohinoor
- HILARIOUS! Harbhajan Singh posts EDITED picture of Indian cricketers – Pic inside!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read