Israel has `reservations` about UN flotilla report
Jerusalem: Israel will accept the United Nations report on its deadly attack last year on a flotilla of aid boats for the Gaza Strip with some reservations, a senior official said on Friday.
"We will announce our acceptance of the report after its official publication, with specific reservations," the official who declined to be identified said.
The official stressed that the report had declared legal Israel`s naval blockade of the Palestinian territory, according to the text published in the New York Times on Thursday.
The UN-mandated inquiry said Israel used "excessive" violence when its special forces killed nine people in their attack on the Turkish-led flotilla on May 31, 2010.
But it also said the flotilla organisers had been reckless and that Israel`s naval blockade of Gaza, controlled by the radical Islamic Hamas movement, is legal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Amjad Sabri laid to rest amid tears, thousands attend Karachi funeral
- Euro 2016: Wayne Rooney and Roy Hodgson seek more ruthless from England against Iceland
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker