Israel has `reservations` about UN flotilla report
Jerusalem: Israel will accept the United Nations report on its deadly attack last year on a flotilla of aid boats for the Gaza Strip with some reservations, a senior official said on Friday.
"We will announce our acceptance of the report after its official publication, with specific reservations," the official who declined to be identified said.
The official stressed that the report had declared legal Israel`s naval blockade of the Palestinian territory, according to the text published in the New York Times on Thursday.
The UN-mandated inquiry said Israel used "excessive" violence when its special forces killed nine people in their attack on the Turkish-led flotilla on May 31, 2010.
But it also said the flotilla organisers had been reckless and that Israel`s naval blockade of Gaza, controlled by the radical Islamic Hamas movement, is legal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country