Israel has `reservations` about UN flotilla report
Jerusalem: Israel will accept the United Nations report on its deadly attack last year on a flotilla of aid boats for the Gaza Strip with some reservations, a senior official said on Friday.
"We will announce our acceptance of the report after its official publication, with specific reservations," the official who declined to be identified said.
The official stressed that the report had declared legal Israel`s naval blockade of the Palestinian territory, according to the text published in the New York Times on Thursday.
The UN-mandated inquiry said Israel used "excessive" violence when its special forces killed nine people in their attack on the Turkish-led flotilla on May 31, 2010.
But it also said the flotilla organisers had been reckless and that Israel`s naval blockade of Gaza, controlled by the radical Islamic Hamas movement, is legal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming