Israel hasn`t decided on Iran strike: Leon Panetta
Washington: US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta has played down reports that Israel is moving closer to taking military action over Iran’s nuclear programme.
“I don`t believe they`ve made a decision as to whether or not they will go in and attack,” the BBC quoted Panetta, as saying.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had recently said that time was running out, a view also repeated by Israel’s ambassador to the US.
Panetta, however, said that the US believed there was ‘still room’ to talk to Iran.
Tehran has denied that its nuclear programme is aimed at producing nuclear weapons, insisting that it is for civilian energy purposes. US President Barack Obama has vowed that he will stop Iran acquiring nuclear weapons, the Israeli Prime Minister has said that Tehran believes the international community ‘does not have the will’ to act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed