Israel hasn`t decided on Iran strike: Leon Panetta
Washington: US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta has played down reports that Israel is moving closer to taking military action over Iran’s nuclear programme.
“I don`t believe they`ve made a decision as to whether or not they will go in and attack,” the BBC quoted Panetta, as saying.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had recently said that time was running out, a view also repeated by Israel’s ambassador to the US.
Panetta, however, said that the US believed there was ‘still room’ to talk to Iran.
Tehran has denied that its nuclear programme is aimed at producing nuclear weapons, insisting that it is for civilian energy purposes. US President Barack Obama has vowed that he will stop Iran acquiring nuclear weapons, the Israeli Prime Minister has said that Tehran believes the international community ‘does not have the will’ to act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened