Israel holds military exercise along Syrian border
Tel Aviv: The Israeli Army launched a large-scale training exercise Wednesday, mobilising its all troops to the border with Syria, the army`s press office said.
The military stressed the routine nature of the exercise, noting that the move does not mean the army is "moving to a higher level of readiness" on the northern border.
The exercises, which featured troops from every corner of Israel, are aimed at testing the "readiness and combat capability" of the artillery and air forces, the office said.
The move comes amid heightened tensions between Israel and Iran and between Israel and the US, as Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is actively calling for a military strike against the Islamic republic over its alleged production of nuclear weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"