Israel holds military exercise along Syrian border
Tel Aviv: The Israeli Army launched a large-scale training exercise Wednesday, mobilising its all troops to the border with Syria, the army`s press office said.
The military stressed the routine nature of the exercise, noting that the move does not mean the army is "moving to a higher level of readiness" on the northern border.
The exercises, which featured troops from every corner of Israel, are aimed at testing the "readiness and combat capability" of the artillery and air forces, the office said.
The move comes amid heightened tensions between Israel and Iran and between Israel and the US, as Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is actively calling for a military strike against the Islamic republic over its alleged production of nuclear weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory