Israel holds military exercise along Syrian border
Tel Aviv: The Israeli Army launched a large-scale training exercise Wednesday, mobilising its all troops to the border with Syria, the army`s press office said.
The military stressed the routine nature of the exercise, noting that the move does not mean the army is "moving to a higher level of readiness" on the northern border.
The exercises, which featured troops from every corner of Israel, are aimed at testing the "readiness and combat capability" of the artillery and air forces, the office said.
The move comes amid heightened tensions between Israel and Iran and between Israel and the US, as Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is actively calling for a military strike against the Islamic republic over its alleged production of nuclear weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed