Israel holds military exercise along Syrian border
Tel Aviv: The Israeli Army launched a large-scale training exercise Wednesday, mobilising its all troops to the border with Syria, the army`s press office said.
The military stressed the routine nature of the exercise, noting that the move does not mean the army is "moving to a higher level of readiness" on the northern border.
The exercises, which featured troops from every corner of Israel, are aimed at testing the "readiness and combat capability" of the artillery and air forces, the office said.
The move comes amid heightened tensions between Israel and Iran and between Israel and the US, as Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is actively calling for a military strike against the Islamic republic over its alleged production of nuclear weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16