Israel launches drive for Gaza rockets` remnants
Jerusalem: Israeli troops launched a search operation Friday to locate the remnants of two rockets fired from the Gaza Strip at western desert region of Negev the night before, the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) said.
Shortly after an air raid siren rattled in the Eshkol regional council that borders the coastal enclave, two projectiles hit separate open areas, causing no injuries or damage, reported Xinhua citing Israeli Radio.
"Searches are ongoing to locate the missile remnants," said the IDF`s spokesperson, who declined to comment on whether the Iron Dome missile defence system was deployed in the area at the time of attack.
In late June, Israel struck two militant sites in central Gaza in retaliation for the firing of six rockets at its southern communities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur