Israel launches military unit to document operations
Jerusalem: The Israeli military has inaugurated a new unit tasked with accompanying combat units on operations to document their work, The Jerusalem Post reported.
Assigned under the IDF Spokesman`s Office, the soldiers have received extensive training in video and still photography, the report said on Thursday.
Their footage and images will be made available to both local and international media outlets in real time but sensitive materials will be limited to special users, such as military intelligence and internal probe commissions, reported Xinhua citing the media report.
"Perception has a critical role... One can win the battle but lose the public perception," Yoav Mordechai, the chief spokesman for the Israeli military, told the new unit`s soldiers at their graduation ceremony.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Sonia Gandhi stashed bribe money in Geneva's Sarasin Bank?
- World record: 23-year-old Tobago batsman Iraq Thomas slams T20 century off 21 balls
- Donald Trump hints at taking India's help in dealing with `unstable` Pakistan
- Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo remains doubtful for 2nd leg against Manchester City
- Happy that gymnastics is finally getting attention in India: Dipa Karmakar