Israel minister apologises to PM over peace talks jibe
Jerusalem: Israel`s hard-right economy minister apologised on Wednesday for public attacks on Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu over US-backed Middle East peace talks.
"There are those who are trying to spin what is a debate about the future and security of our country as a personal attack that never happened," Naftali Bennett said at an education conference at the Dead Sea.
"If the Prime Minister was hurt, I`m very sorry," Bennett said.
Media reported that Netanyahu had threatened today to sack Bennett from the Cabinet if he refused to apologise for his criticism in the past few days.
Bennett leads the far-right Jewish Home party, which has close ties with the Jewish settler movement. It has 12 seats in Parliament and is a member of Netanyahu`s coalition.
Bennett took Netanyahu to task over reports earlier this week that the premier was floating the idea of leasing existing Israeli settlements from the Palestinians in a future Palestinian state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!