Israel not to dig up Obama’s tree gift in search of hidden germs
Washington: Israel will not be uprooting the magnolia tree planted by President Barack Obama at the residence of Israeli President Shimon Peres.
Ynet had reported on Wednesday that Israel’s agricultural ministry ordered it to be dug up and tested for pests because the sapling had not passed agricultural inspection after Obama brought it to Israel aboard Air Force One.
According to Politico, in a statement, the Israeli Government said that the Office of the President and the Ministry of Agriculture will not uproot the magnolia tree given as a gift to Peres by Obama.
The statement added that the relevant authority in the Ministry of Agriculture will conduct all the necessary tests in accordance with the law within the garden of the President’s Residence without removing the tree from the place where it was planted, as was agreed, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi