Israel on alert for Syrian weapons
Moscow: Israel is concerned that the Lebanese Hezbollah movement will try to get hold of Syrian Army arsenal, including missiles and chemical weapons, Defence Minister Ehud Barak said on Thursday.
Barak toured the border with Syria and warned of the possibility that Hezbollah could try to move Syria`s chemical weapons into Lebanon.
"There are also people who came to Syria from outside - from Global Jihad and al Qaeda and other Islamists - meaning that as long as the fighting carries on we will have even greater chaos in Syria the day after Assad," Barak said.
Barak on Wednesday spoke with US Secretary of Defence Leon Panetta, telling him of Israeli concerns about the situation in Syria.
"We are also closely tracking the possibility that Hezbollah will try to move advanced military platforms or chemical weapons from Syria to Lebanon," he said.
Hezbollah Secretary-General Hassan Nasrallah confirmed on Wednesday that Syria provided arms not only to Hezbollah, but to terrorist groups in Gaza as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now, Nashik farmers sell fresh grapes online!
- Watch: Paraplegic Deepa Malik talks about her achievements!
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Mumbai: Mobile app to fight ISIS influence among youth across India
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen