Israel PM warns about dangers of nuclear Iran
Aboard the INS Eilat: Underscoring Israel`s
military might, Israel`s Prime Minister warned about the
dangers of a nuclear Iran today after visiting a submarine
believed equipped with nuclear-tipped missiles and a ship used
to seize weapons Israel says were being sent to Lebanese foes
"The threat that Iran poses is very grave for the
state of Israel, for peace in the Middle East and the whole
world," Netanyahu said aboard the missile ship INS Eilat.
"Without any doubt, we are the first target, but not
the last," he said. Iran denies its nuclear program is
designed to build bombs, but Israel and the West suspect that
Israeli leaders fear their country could be a target
for an Iranian nuclear weapon and have not ruled out a
military strike on Iranian nuclear facilities. Iranian
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad repeatedly has made references
to Israel`s destruction.
The presence of Iranian proxies on Israel`s northern
and southern borders, Hezbollah in Lebanon and Hamas in the
Gaza Strip, have only expanded the threat from Tehran.
Last month, the INS Eilat led a raid on a cargo
vessel that Israel says was bound for Hezbollah with missiles,
anti-tank weapons, grenades and ammunition. Hezbollah denied
the arms were meant for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends