Israel `prepared to broaden Gaza attack`
Jerusalem: Israel`s Prime Minister says the military is prepared to broaden its operation against Hamas targets in Gaza.
Benjamin Netanyahu says Israel cannot tolerate continued rocket attacks against its citizens.
In his first comments since Israel killed the commander of the Hamas military wing, Netanyahu said on Wednesday that Israel is "prepared to expand the operation”.
The military said earlier the operation could escalate with a ground attack.
Palestinian militants have responded with rocket fire. The military says its "Iron Dome" defence system has intercepted 13 rockets from Gaza. Israeli media said the rockets were shot down over the city of Beersheba.
Defence Minister Ehud Barak said the operation in Gaza was far from over. He said airstrikes had already inflicted heavy damage, taking out most of Hamas` long-range missile capabilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police