Israel `prepared to broaden Gaza attack`
Jerusalem: Israel`s Prime Minister says the military is prepared to broaden its operation against Hamas targets in Gaza.
Benjamin Netanyahu says Israel cannot tolerate continued rocket attacks against its citizens.
In his first comments since Israel killed the commander of the Hamas military wing, Netanyahu said on Wednesday that Israel is "prepared to expand the operation”.
The military said earlier the operation could escalate with a ground attack.
Palestinian militants have responded with rocket fire. The military says its "Iron Dome" defence system has intercepted 13 rockets from Gaza. Israeli media said the rockets were shot down over the city of Beersheba.
Defence Minister Ehud Barak said the operation in Gaza was far from over. He said airstrikes had already inflicted heavy damage, taking out most of Hamas` long-range missile capabilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!