Israel `prepared to broaden Gaza attack`
Jerusalem: Israel`s Prime Minister says the military is prepared to broaden its operation against Hamas targets in Gaza.
Benjamin Netanyahu says Israel cannot tolerate continued rocket attacks against its citizens.
In his first comments since Israel killed the commander of the Hamas military wing, Netanyahu said on Wednesday that Israel is "prepared to expand the operation”.
The military said earlier the operation could escalate with a ground attack.
Palestinian militants have responded with rocket fire. The military says its "Iron Dome" defence system has intercepted 13 rockets from Gaza. Israeli media said the rockets were shot down over the city of Beersheba.
Defence Minister Ehud Barak said the operation in Gaza was far from over. He said airstrikes had already inflicted heavy damage, taking out most of Hamas` long-range missile capabilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days