Israel protests over Kazmi sharing dais with politicians
Jerusalem: Israel has protested to India for allowing a journalist, charged with involvement in an attack on the Israeli Embassy in New Delhi in February last year, to share the dais with senior Indian politicians, calling it "most inappropriate".
Israeli Foreign ministry sources here said that a number of senior politicians, including Delhi`s Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, attended an event on April 17 to mark the launch of a new Urdu-language newspaper for which journalist Syed Kazmi will be serving as the Editor-in-Chief.
"We find it most inappropriate to acknowledge and honour a person who is facing such extremely serious charges," Foreign Ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor told PTI.
"We have expressed our serious concern to the government of India within the framework of open and frank dialogue that the two countries maintain," he added.
Kazmi was the only person arrested after the attack.
Tali Yehoshua-Koren, wife of an Israeli Defence Ministry representative in India, was wounded while driving one of the embassy vehicles to pick up her children from school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins