Israel raises alert level after overseas attacks
Jerusalem: Israel on Tuesday raised the state of
alert throughout the country after its diplomats in India and
Georgia were targeted in two bomb attacks.
Public Security Minister Yitzhak Aharonovich ordered
police to raise alert levels across the country following the
The police`s Operations head, Commander Nissim Mor sent
out instructions to all seven police districts on the new
level of alert, spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said.
Areas of increased security include places that have
large crowds, embassies, sites linked to foreign interests,
airports, sea ports, and government institutions, Jerusalem
Post quoted Rosenfeld as saying.
Police districts switched to the `Shield 3` security
level, which means that officers have formed three rings of
security, the paper said.
Additionally, officers received a reminder on guidelines
for opening fire.
Commenting on the recent attacks, Aharonovich said, "We
know who is behind them, and the government of Israel will
Meanwhile, authorities in Thailand said the Iranian was
responsible for the three explosions in Bangkok, which wounded
four people, including the alleged attacker.
Reacting to the latest incident, Israel Foreign Ministry
spokesman Yigal Palmor said there were no immediate signs that
targets were Israeli or Jewish, "but we can`t rule out that
Israel had blamed Iran for yesterday`s attacks in India
and Georgia. Officials predicted that those attacks, which
targeted Israeli diplomats, were just the first in a wave of
assaults on Israeli targets by Iran and its Lebanese proxy,
Iran has denied Israel`s charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation