Israel raises alert level after overseas attacks
Jerusalem: Israel on Tuesday raised the state of
alert throughout the country after its diplomats in India and
Georgia were targeted in two bomb attacks.
Public Security Minister Yitzhak Aharonovich ordered
police to raise alert levels across the country following the
The police`s Operations head, Commander Nissim Mor sent
out instructions to all seven police districts on the new
level of alert, spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said.
Areas of increased security include places that have
large crowds, embassies, sites linked to foreign interests,
airports, sea ports, and government institutions, Jerusalem
Post quoted Rosenfeld as saying.
Police districts switched to the `Shield 3` security
level, which means that officers have formed three rings of
security, the paper said.
Additionally, officers received a reminder on guidelines
for opening fire.
Commenting on the recent attacks, Aharonovich said, "We
know who is behind them, and the government of Israel will
Meanwhile, authorities in Thailand said the Iranian was
responsible for the three explosions in Bangkok, which wounded
four people, including the alleged attacker.
Reacting to the latest incident, Israel Foreign Ministry
spokesman Yigal Palmor said there were no immediate signs that
targets were Israeli or Jewish, "but we can`t rule out that
Israel had blamed Iran for yesterday`s attacks in India
and Georgia. Officials predicted that those attacks, which
targeted Israeli diplomats, were just the first in a wave of
assaults on Israeli targets by Iran and its Lebanese proxy,
Iran has denied Israel`s charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand