Israel renews firing, 10 killed in attack on UN school in Gaza
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
"We are removing some (forces), we are changing from within," the AFP quoted Lieutenant Colonel Peter Lerner as saying.
"We are redeploying within the Gaza Strip and taking out other different positions, and relieving other forces from within," he said.
"It`s a broad swathe of British public opinion that feels deeply, deeply disturbed by what it is seeing on its television screens coming out of Gaza," he told the Sunday Telegraph.
— UNRWA (@UNRWA) August 2, 2014
In #Gaza, the lack of adequate water and sanitation, poses serious risks of outbreak of water-borne and communicable diseases RT
— Chris Gunness (@ChrisGunness) August 2, 2014
"After completing the anti-tunnel operation, the IDF will act and continue to act, in accordance with our security needs and only according to our defence needs, until we achieve our objective of restoring security to you, Israel`s citizens," he said according to the Reuters.
A special IDF committee has concluded that Lt. Hadar Goldin was killed in combat in Gaza on Friday. May his memory be a blessing.
— IDF (@IDFSpokesperson) August 2, 2014
Israel began its Operation Protective Edge on July 8, launching air and naval offensive in Gaza to halt Hamas from firing rockets towards the Jewish state. After 10 days, Israel launched ground operation too, determined to exterminate underground tunnels.
Despite repeated calls from the UN and the US, the ceasefire efforts have collapsed with the IDF accusing the Hamas of disrupting the truce every-time.
The death toll in Gaza has reached a whopping figure of 1675 and Israel too has lost 63 of its soldiers in 26-days of conflict.
Most of those dead in Gaza are said to be civilians.
The latest bout of conflict between the two sides is thought to have been triggered by the abduction and kidnapping of three Israeli teens, after which a Palestinian teenager was killed in revenge.
The death of the Palestinian sparked a lot of protests and an increased salvo of firing from Hamas, triggering the Israeli operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Congress lawmakers to quit if SC ruling on SYL canal goes against Punjab
- CPN (Maoist Centre) chairman Prachanda all set to become new Nepal PM
- Swachh Bharat, Skill India 'transformative' schemes: President Pranab Mukherjee
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Treat the disorder with this amazingly simple trick! - Watch video
- Boris Johnson claims India owes UK multi-million pounds