Israel retaliates after Gaza fires rockets
Jerusalem: The brief ceasefire between Israel and Gaza came to an end on Monday after Israeli aircraft struck a Palestinian unidentified military site in Gaza in a retaliatory move, Israeli military said, as per a news agency.
The military said that its aircraft struck a Palestinian rocket launching pad after Gaza militants launched mortar and 11 rockets in their territory.
No casualties were reported after the incidents.
The hostilities undercut a brittle, informal truce that went into effect last week after the worst outbreak of violence between the two sides in months.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj