Israel retaliates after Gaza fires rockets
Jerusalem: The brief ceasefire between Israel and Gaza came to an end on Monday after Israeli aircraft struck a Palestinian unidentified military site in Gaza in a retaliatory move, Israeli military said, as per a news agency.
The military said that its aircraft struck a Palestinian rocket launching pad after Gaza militants launched mortar and 11 rockets in their territory.
No casualties were reported after the incidents.
The hostilities undercut a brittle, informal truce that went into effect last week after the worst outbreak of violence between the two sides in months.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report