Israel retaliates after Gaza fires rockets
Jerusalem: The brief ceasefire between Israel and Gaza came to an end on Monday after Israeli aircraft struck a Palestinian unidentified military site in Gaza in a retaliatory move, Israeli military said, as per a news agency.
The military said that its aircraft struck a Palestinian rocket launching pad after Gaza militants launched mortar and 11 rockets in their territory.
No casualties were reported after the incidents.
The hostilities undercut a brittle, informal truce that went into effect last week after the worst outbreak of violence between the two sides in months.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends