Israel retaliates to rocket fire from Gaza strip, Abbas says end military escalation
Zee Media Bureau
Jerusalem: After Israel attacked 29 targets in Gaza Stip in retaliation to a salvo of rockets fired by Palestinian militants, President Mahmoud Abbas has urged Israel to halt military escalation in Gaza Strip.
A spokesman of Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas Nabil Abu Rudeina said that Israel was told to "put an end to its military escalation in the besieged Gaza Strip”.
Israeli attack on "29 terror sites in the Gaza Strip" come in response to a salvo of at least 30 rockets fired from Gaza Strip.
The Islamic Jihad`s military wing claimed responsibility for the rocket fire, claiming that they fired 90 rockets.
According to the Israeli military, it was the largest rocket barrage since 2012, when it launched an eight-day air campaign in Gaza it said was aimed at stopping the attacks.
Reacting to the rocket salvo, Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu ordered the Israeli Defence Forces to attack terror targets in Gaza Strip.
“If peace is broken in the south, Gaza will suffer a great noise,” he said.
Also, Israel`s Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman called for reoccupation of the Gaza Strip, saying Israel will have no other option left but to reoccupy Gaza.
Israel had withdrawn all troops and settlers from Gaza in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31