Israel retaliates to rocket fire from Gaza strip, Abbas says end military escalation
Zee Media Bureau
Jerusalem: After Israel attacked 29 targets in Gaza Stip in retaliation to a salvo of rockets fired by Palestinian militants, President Mahmoud Abbas has urged Israel to halt military escalation in Gaza Strip.
A spokesman of Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas Nabil Abu Rudeina said that Israel was told to "put an end to its military escalation in the besieged Gaza Strip”.
Israeli attack on "29 terror sites in the Gaza Strip" come in response to a salvo of at least 30 rockets fired from Gaza Strip.
The Islamic Jihad`s military wing claimed responsibility for the rocket fire, claiming that they fired 90 rockets.
According to the Israeli military, it was the largest rocket barrage since 2012, when it launched an eight-day air campaign in Gaza it said was aimed at stopping the attacks.
Reacting to the rocket salvo, Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu ordered the Israeli Defence Forces to attack terror targets in Gaza Strip.
“If peace is broken in the south, Gaza will suffer a great noise,” he said.
Also, Israel`s Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman called for reoccupation of the Gaza Strip, saying Israel will have no other option left but to reoccupy Gaza.
Israel had withdrawn all troops and settlers from Gaza in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Assam CM-designate Sarbananda Sonowal thanks PM Narendra Modi on being elected as BJP legislature leader
- Congress backs Raghuram Rajan, says India ''going through a bad shape''
- Non-bailable warrant against BJP MP Manoj Tiwari, four others
- Bid rivals set to join forces for Tata Steel UK buyout: Report
- PM Narendra Modi calls for country to move towards cashless society