Israel seeking formula for Palestinian talks
New York: Israel`s defence minister says his government is trying to find "a formula" that will enable Mideast peace mediators to agree on a way to revive Israeli-Palestinian talks.
Ehud Barak told reporters after meeting UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Friday: "I cannot promise you that it will happen, but we are still trying to do our best to enable it."
Diplomats from the so-called "Quartet" - the US, UN, European Union and Russia - failed earlier this month to find a basis for moving the peace process forward.
"We are still trying to find a formula that will enable understanding between the members of the Quartet in a way that will enable resumption of negotiations," Barak said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Turkish military returns fire in Syria after shells hit border town: Report
- North Korea rolls out on-demand TV service
- Priyanka teams with Jodie Foster to reinvent song
- Akshay Kumar hides daughter Nitara's face from the paps and it's so CUTE! Picture proof inside
- Banning cash transactions over Rs 3 lakh under consideration: CBDT