Israel seeking formula for Palestinian talks
New York: Israel`s defence minister says his government is trying to find "a formula" that will enable Mideast peace mediators to agree on a way to revive Israeli-Palestinian talks.
Ehud Barak told reporters after meeting UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Friday: "I cannot promise you that it will happen, but we are still trying to do our best to enable it."
Diplomats from the so-called "Quartet" - the US, UN, European Union and Russia - failed earlier this month to find a basis for moving the peace process forward.
"We are still trying to find a formula that will enable understanding between the members of the Quartet in a way that will enable resumption of negotiations," Barak said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?