Israel seeking formula for Palestinian talks
New York: Israel`s defence minister says his government is trying to find "a formula" that will enable Mideast peace mediators to agree on a way to revive Israeli-Palestinian talks.
Ehud Barak told reporters after meeting UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Friday: "I cannot promise you that it will happen, but we are still trying to do our best to enable it."
Diplomats from the so-called "Quartet" - the US, UN, European Union and Russia - failed earlier this month to find a basis for moving the peace process forward.
"We are still trying to find a formula that will enable understanding between the members of the Quartet in a way that will enable resumption of negotiations," Barak said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!