Israel seeking formula for Palestinian talks
New York: Israel`s defence minister says his government is trying to find "a formula" that will enable Mideast peace mediators to agree on a way to revive Israeli-Palestinian talks.
Ehud Barak told reporters after meeting UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Friday: "I cannot promise you that it will happen, but we are still trying to do our best to enable it."
Diplomats from the so-called "Quartet" - the US, UN, European Union and Russia - failed earlier this month to find a basis for moving the peace process forward.
"We are still trying to find a formula that will enable understanding between the members of the Quartet in a way that will enable resumption of negotiations," Barak said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Coalition warplanes pummel Islamic State in Syria bastion
- Pakistanis hit back as clerics say men can 'beat' wives
- BJP to fight UP polls on development plank, not Ram temple issue: Rajnath Singh
- Rajan finished SMEs to help American MNCs: Swamy
- Bihar Matric Results 2016: BSEB Class 10th Result 2016, www.biharboard.net, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in, Bihar Board 10th Matric Result to be declared on May 29