Israel seeks to undermine nuclear talks: Iran
Tehran: Iran`s foreign minister says Israel is trying to undermine the progress achieved in Tehran`s nuclear talks with world powers.
The negotiations, which ended in Geneva on an upbeat note this week with Western and Iranian negotiators announcing a follow-up round early next month, are meant to reduce fears that Tehran is seeking a nuclear weapon.
Foreign Minister Mohammed Javad Zarif posted on his Facebook page today that "there is a high possibility the talks would be disturbed through various efforts" on the part of Israel.
Zarif says this reflect Israel`s "frustration and warmongering."
Israel has urged the international community to maintain firm pressure on Tehran.
The West suspects Iran`s nuclear program could eventually be used to produce atomic weapons. Iran insists it is only for peaceful purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'