Israel shell fire brings Gaza deaths above 800: Medics
Gaza City: Israeli shell fire on a house in Gaza killed one person Friday, bringing the total death toll to more than 800 Palestinians after one of the bloodiest days of the conflict.
The tank shell hit a home in the southern city of Khan Yunis, emergency services spokesman Ashraf al-Qudra said, killing at least one man.
Nearly 100 Palestinians were killed on Thursday, according to figures from emergency services spokesman Ashraf al-Qudra, as Israel pressed on with its 18-day campaign to stamp out Gaza rocket fire.
Projectiles fired into Israel have killed three civilians - two Israelis and a Thai migrant worker - and fighting in and around Gaza has killed 32 Israeli soldiers.
It is the bloodiest conflict in the besieged Palestinian territory since a 2009 military operation there.
NGOs put the Palestinian civilian toll at around 80 percent of total casualties, including a large number of women and children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside
- Battles in Libya's Sirte kill 34 fighters, injure over 180