Israel shuns UN call for Gaza war probe
Jerusalem: A Cabinet minister says Israel won`t set up an independent panel to investigate the Gaza war as the UN urged.
The General Assembly called on Israel and "the Palestinian side" to conduct "independent, credible" investigations into last winter`s fighting in Gaza. It expected a decision by February 5.
Minister Yuli Edelstein said today that a document, which Israel will submit to the UN this week, deals only with Israel`s own investigations of the war.
Israel launched the offensive to quash Gaza rocket squads that had traumatised its southern communities.
The steep Palestinian civilian death toll and widespread destruction prompted a UN panel to accuse both Israel and Gaza`s Hamas rulers of war crimes. It urged them to conduct unbiased investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie