Israel shuts radical seminary in West Bank
Jerusalem: Israel`s Education Ministry has shut down a religious high school in an ultranationalist settlement in the West Bank and has cut off funding to an adult seminary there, saying students and staff have been involved in violence against Palestinians and the Israeli military.
Education Ministry director Shimon Shoshani told Israel Radio on Wednesday that what happened at the seminaries in Yitzhar was "inconsistent with Jewish, democratic and educational values”.
Israeli media cited Yitzhar officials as saying studies will continue at both the high school and the adult seminary.
Rabbis associated with the seminaries had written a controversial book, denounced by more moderate Orthodox Jews, justifying the killing of Palestinians under certain circumstances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes-Martina Hingis pair enters 2016 French Open mixed-doubles quarters
- Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016: BSEB 10th Result 2016, Bihar Class 10th Result 2016 to be declared today on May 29; check biharboard.bih.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi plays traditional Khasi drum in Meghalaya
- Lightning strikes German football pitch, 35 hurt, 3 seriously
- People's faith in our work renewed our vigour: PM Modi at India Gate