Israel shuts radical seminary in West Bank
Jerusalem: Israel`s Education Ministry has shut down a religious high school in an ultranationalist settlement in the West Bank and has cut off funding to an adult seminary there, saying students and staff have been involved in violence against Palestinians and the Israeli military.
Education Ministry director Shimon Shoshani told Israel Radio on Wednesday that what happened at the seminaries in Yitzhar was "inconsistent with Jewish, democratic and educational values”.
Israeli media cited Yitzhar officials as saying studies will continue at both the high school and the adult seminary.
Rabbis associated with the seminaries had written a controversial book, denounced by more moderate Orthodox Jews, justifying the killing of Palestinians under certain circumstances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon