Israel slams S Africa over Palestinian territory label
Tel Aviv: Israel has condemned the South African government`s decision to label goods produced in the occupied Palestinian territories.
Under the new rules, the South African government has announced that goods of Jewish settlements in the West Bank can no longer be sold in the country under the label "Made in Israel".
The Israeli Foreign Ministry has summoned the South African ambassador for clarification in this regard.
The Israeli Foreign Ministry called the measure as discrimination based on national and political criteria provoking a boycott of Israeli products.
"Such exclusion and discrimination bring to mind ideas of a racist nature which the government of South Africa, more than any other, should have wholly rejected," the ministry said in a statement.
The South African government said that they have done this "in line with South Africa`s stance that recognises the 1948 borders delineated by the UN and does not recognise occupied territories beyond these borders as being part of the state of Israel”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'