Israel slams S Africa over Palestinian territory label
Tel Aviv: Israel has condemned the South African government`s decision to label goods produced in the occupied Palestinian territories.
Under the new rules, the South African government has announced that goods of Jewish settlements in the West Bank can no longer be sold in the country under the label "Made in Israel".
The Israeli Foreign Ministry has summoned the South African ambassador for clarification in this regard.
The Israeli Foreign Ministry called the measure as discrimination based on national and political criteria provoking a boycott of Israeli products.
"Such exclusion and discrimination bring to mind ideas of a racist nature which the government of South Africa, more than any other, should have wholly rejected," the ministry said in a statement.
The South African government said that they have done this "in line with South Africa`s stance that recognises the 1948 borders delineated by the UN and does not recognise occupied territories beyond these borders as being part of the state of Israel”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP triumphs across state; hung verdict in BMC elections
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test