Israel slams S Africa over Palestinian territory label
Tel Aviv: Israel has condemned the South African government`s decision to label goods produced in the occupied Palestinian territories.
Under the new rules, the South African government has announced that goods of Jewish settlements in the West Bank can no longer be sold in the country under the label "Made in Israel".
The Israeli Foreign Ministry has summoned the South African ambassador for clarification in this regard.
The Israeli Foreign Ministry called the measure as discrimination based on national and political criteria provoking a boycott of Israeli products.
"Such exclusion and discrimination bring to mind ideas of a racist nature which the government of South Africa, more than any other, should have wholly rejected," the ministry said in a statement.
The South African government said that they have done this "in line with South Africa`s stance that recognises the 1948 borders delineated by the UN and does not recognise occupied territories beyond these borders as being part of the state of Israel”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city