Israel steps up offensive as Hamas says `no` to truce
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: At least three people were killed as Israel resumed air strikes in Gaza Strip after peace talks with Hamas faltered, as per news reports on Wednesday.
Hamas military wing had reportedly disagreed to ceasefire proposed by Egypt.
Shortly after Hamas refused the ceasefire proposal, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that they are faced with no other alternative but to step up the air attacks.
"When there is no ceasefire, our answer is fire," Mr Netanyahu said, as per BBC news report.
Around 200 people have been killed in attacks by Israel in the last eight days.
Meanwhile, Israeli air raids targeted the home of senior Hamas official Mahmud al-Zahar on the ninth day of Operation Protective Edge today.
However, no one was home at the time of air strike, the AFP reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand