Israel steps up protection for diplomats
Jerusalem: Israel`s Foreign Ministry says it has stepped up security for diplomats posted overseas following a string of attempted attacks on Israeli personnel in Asia.
Ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor said Thursday that Israel is taking "whatever measures are required" to allow its diplomats to continue working.
He declined to discuss what measures have been taken. But Israeli media have reported that diplomats in some countries have been ordered to work out of their homes and avoid travel to the local embassy.
Israel is accusing Iran of waging a campaign of state terror against Israeli targets abroad, including an explosion Monday in New Delhi that wounded a diplomat`s wife, a foiled bombing the same day in Georgia and a bungled attack by an Iranian man in Bangkok the following day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say