Israel steps up protection for diplomats
Jerusalem: Israel`s Foreign Ministry says it has stepped up security for diplomats posted overseas following a string of attempted attacks on Israeli personnel in Asia.
Ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor said Thursday that Israel is taking "whatever measures are required" to allow its diplomats to continue working.
He declined to discuss what measures have been taken. But Israeli media have reported that diplomats in some countries have been ordered to work out of their homes and avoid travel to the local embassy.
Israel is accusing Iran of waging a campaign of state terror against Israeli targets abroad, including an explosion Monday in New Delhi that wounded a diplomat`s wife, a foiled bombing the same day in Georgia and a bungled attack by an Iranian man in Bangkok the following day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter