Israel strikes `terror sites` in Gaza
Jerusalem: The Israeli military conducted airstrike on five targets in the Gaza Strip Sunday in retaliation to continued rocket fire towards Israel.
Among the targets were five "terror sites" in Gaza, the army said in a statement, adding that pilots reported direct hits, reported Xinhua.
The retaliatory airstrike, the second in three days, was "precise and based on intelligence", said Israeli military spokesman Lt. Col. Peter Lerner adding Israel would not "tolerate Hamas rocket terrorism".
The strike came after a rocket fell in an open area near the coastal city of Ashkelon Saturday evening. The rocket fired Saturday marked the fifth projectiles from the Palestinian enclave since last Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh