Israel strikes `terror sites` in Gaza
Jerusalem: The Israeli military conducted airstrike on five targets in the Gaza Strip Sunday in retaliation to continued rocket fire towards Israel.
Among the targets were five "terror sites" in Gaza, the army said in a statement, adding that pilots reported direct hits, reported Xinhua.
The retaliatory airstrike, the second in three days, was "precise and based on intelligence", said Israeli military spokesman Lt. Col. Peter Lerner adding Israel would not "tolerate Hamas rocket terrorism".
The strike came after a rocket fell in an open area near the coastal city of Ashkelon Saturday evening. The rocket fired Saturday marked the fifth projectiles from the Palestinian enclave since last Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32