Israel successfully tests ‘David’s Sling’ missile defence system
Jerusalem: Israel has said that its new mid-range missile defence system has successfully passed a test.
The ‘David’s Sling’ system is designed to stop mid-range missiles.
According to Fox News, the system is designed to intercept projectiles with ranges of up to 180 miles.
The system is part of what Israel calls its ‘multilayer missile defence’.
Israel has also deployed Arrow systems for longer-range threats from Iran, the report said.
The Iron Dome protects against short-range rockets fired by militants in the Gaza Strip and Hezbollah guerrillas in Lebanon. It shot down hundreds of rockets from Gaza in this month`s round of fighting, the report added.
According to the report, Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak said the success of Iron Dome highlighted the ‘immense importance’ of such systems.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights