Israel successfully tests ‘David’s Sling’ missile defence system
Jerusalem: Israel has said that its new mid-range missile defence system has successfully passed a test.
The ‘David’s Sling’ system is designed to stop mid-range missiles.
According to Fox News, the system is designed to intercept projectiles with ranges of up to 180 miles.
The system is part of what Israel calls its ‘multilayer missile defence’.
Israel has also deployed Arrow systems for longer-range threats from Iran, the report said.
The Iron Dome protects against short-range rockets fired by militants in the Gaza Strip and Hezbollah guerrillas in Lebanon. It shot down hundreds of rockets from Gaza in this month`s round of fighting, the report added.
According to the report, Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak said the success of Iron Dome highlighted the ‘immense importance’ of such systems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3