Israel successfully tests ‘David’s Sling’ missile defence system
Jerusalem: Israel has said that its new mid-range missile defence system has successfully passed a test.
The ‘David’s Sling’ system is designed to stop mid-range missiles.
According to Fox News, the system is designed to intercept projectiles with ranges of up to 180 miles.
The system is part of what Israel calls its ‘multilayer missile defence’.
Israel has also deployed Arrow systems for longer-range threats from Iran, the report said.
The Iron Dome protects against short-range rockets fired by militants in the Gaza Strip and Hezbollah guerrillas in Lebanon. It shot down hundreds of rockets from Gaza in this month`s round of fighting, the report added.
According to the report, Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak said the success of Iron Dome highlighted the ‘immense importance’ of such systems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore