Israel successfully tests ‘David’s Sling’ missile defence system
Jerusalem: Israel has said that its new mid-range missile defence system has successfully passed a test.
The ‘David’s Sling’ system is designed to stop mid-range missiles.
According to Fox News, the system is designed to intercept projectiles with ranges of up to 180 miles.
The system is part of what Israel calls its ‘multilayer missile defence’.
Israel has also deployed Arrow systems for longer-range threats from Iran, the report said.
The Iron Dome protects against short-range rockets fired by militants in the Gaza Strip and Hezbollah guerrillas in Lebanon. It shot down hundreds of rockets from Gaza in this month`s round of fighting, the report added.
According to the report, Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak said the success of Iron Dome highlighted the ‘immense importance’ of such systems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians