Israel successfully tests ‘David’s Sling’ missile defence system
Jerusalem: Israel has said that its new mid-range missile defence system has successfully passed a test.
The ‘David’s Sling’ system is designed to stop mid-range missiles.
According to Fox News, the system is designed to intercept projectiles with ranges of up to 180 miles.
The system is part of what Israel calls its ‘multilayer missile defence’.
Israel has also deployed Arrow systems for longer-range threats from Iran, the report said.
The Iron Dome protects against short-range rockets fired by militants in the Gaza Strip and Hezbollah guerrillas in Lebanon. It shot down hundreds of rockets from Gaza in this month`s round of fighting, the report added.
According to the report, Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak said the success of Iron Dome highlighted the ‘immense importance’ of such systems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- DNA: Why no voice is being raised in favour of Kashmiri Pandits?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city