Israel tests missile alert system
Jerusalem: Israel Sunday launched a week-long test of an alert system that sends text messages to cellphones in areas likely to be hit in a missile strike.
The system is expected to become operational within a month following tests by Israeli defence forces, Xinhua reported.
The system delivers area-specific warnings based on projections of incoming trajectory of an unguided rocket or ballistic missile.
The system is meant to offer more specific guidance to residents than existing air raid sirens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Israel PM to meet Kerry in Rome on Palestinians
- US President Barack Obama pays tribute to slain British MP Jo Cox
- Major blow for Samajwadi Party as its general secretary joins BJP with 200 colleagues
- Truck set on fire by angry villagers after they saw blood spilling out of it, found 30 cows dead
- Want to book DDA community halls? Now, you can do it in 15 minutes - Know how