Israel tests missile alert system
Jerusalem: Israel Sunday launched a week-long test of an alert system that sends text messages to cellphones in areas likely to be hit in a missile strike.
The system is expected to become operational within a month following tests by Israeli defence forces, Xinhua reported.
The system delivers area-specific warnings based on projections of incoming trajectory of an unguided rocket or ballistic missile.
The system is meant to offer more specific guidance to residents than existing air raid sirens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why