Israel to blame for failure of latest talks: Abbas
Ramallah: Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas says Israel has caused the failure of the latest round of low-level talks with the Palestinians by not presenting detailed proposals.
The two sides have held Jordanian-mediated preliminary talks on borders and security for the past month at the urging of the Quartet of international Mideast mediators — the US, the UN, the EU and Russia. The Quartet hoped contacts would evolve into full negotiations.
Abbas said in comments carried on Sunday by the Palestinian news agency Wafa that "by not presenting a clear vision ... Israel foiled the Quartet talks in (Jordan`s capital) Amman”.
Israel says it wants to keep talking, and that it is serious about reaching a peace deal by the year`s end.
Abbas is to decide this week whether to continue the talks.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list