Israel to build 14 settler homes in east Jerusalem
Jerusalem: Israel has approved the construction of a new Jewish enclave in the heart of a Palestinian neighbourhood of annexed east Jerusalem, state-owned Channel One TV reported on Wednesday.
It said 14-home project, to be named Maale David, was approved late on Wednesday by Jerusalem city council`s planning committee and was likely to spark fresh international condemnation of Israel`s settlements policy.
It is to be sited in the Arab neighbourhood of Ras al-Amud, near an existing Jewish settlement of 1,000 people, the report said.
"By this decision the committee is throwing oil on the flames... encouraging the settlers, their very explosive and problematic presence in this neighbourhood," Yudith Oppenheimer, of Israeli NGO Ir Amim which lobbies for co-existence in Jerusalem, told the channel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- OMG! Hilarious bomb scare prank – Must Watch
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 2nd Test: Steyn, Philander strike after du Plessis ton as Proteas take control on Day 2
- Rio Olympics medallist Sakshi Malik to tie the knot soon: Report
- MPCA to decide on holding elections in Monday's AGM
- The solar system is home to millions of Jupiter-like planets, reveals NASA!