Israel to ease West Bank movement restrictions
Ramallah: The Israeli military say it plans to further ease movement restrictions on West Bank Palestinians.
Israel has in recent months made it easier for Palestinians to travel in the West Bank.
Monday`s announcement signalled another step in that direction. It comes as Israeli and Palestinian leaders are holding indirect peace negotiations through a US mediator.
The military says it plans to open two West Bank roads to Palestinian motorists, remove 60 unmanned roadblocks and ease access of foreign tourists to the biblical city of Bethlehem.
After the outbreak of fighting with the Palestinians in 2000, Israel severely restricted Palestinian movement with hundreds of obstacles, checkpoints and its West Bank separation barrier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured