Israel to ease West Bank movement restrictions
Ramallah: The Israeli military say it plans to further ease movement restrictions on West Bank Palestinians.
Israel has in recent months made it easier for Palestinians to travel in the West Bank.
Monday`s announcement signalled another step in that direction. It comes as Israeli and Palestinian leaders are holding indirect peace negotiations through a US mediator.
The military says it plans to open two West Bank roads to Palestinian motorists, remove 60 unmanned roadblocks and ease access of foreign tourists to the biblical city of Bethlehem.
After the outbreak of fighting with the Palestinians in 2000, Israel severely restricted Palestinian movement with hundreds of obstacles, checkpoints and its West Bank separation barrier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan