Israel to have its own `Air Force One`
Jerusalem: Israeli Finance Ministry has issued a tender asking commercial airlines to design an advanced airplane having features similar to the Air Force One, the Boeing aircraft used to ferry the US president.
The new plane could either be exclusively designated for VIP transport; or a commercial plane which can be made available for state use at a moment`s notice; or a long-term lease with an airline that will configure one of its aircraft for state use within 72 hours, Xinhua reported citing local daily Yediot Aharonoth.
Experts quoted in the report estimate the Israeli Prime Minister`s Office will choose to sign a contract for a Boeing 767 that will continue to fly regular commercial flights and be converted for state use on short notice.
It will also have to offer high availability over the next 15 years and be able to fly at least 10,000 km without having to land for refuelling.
The Israeli Air Force One will have rooms built into modular platforms, connectable in segments for easy reconfiguration and sporting amenities.
Additional features will include a business suite for senior officials, a multi-media conference room, encrypted satellite communication gear, space for aides and body guards and countermeasures against shoulder-fired missiles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’