`Israel to lose 10,000 troops if it attacks Iran`
Tehran: An Iranian official has warned Israel that it would lose at least 10,000 soldiers in the event of a military strike on Iran, Press TV reported.
"If the Israelis attack, Iran`s deterrent power would deal a mortal blow to them and the Israeli death toll would not be less than 10,000. Therefore, they would be stopped soon," Mohsen Rezaei, secretary of Iran`s Expediency Council, was quoted as saying.
"We don`t want war, but are fully prepared to defend our country against any strike. Of course the Zionists don`t dare to invade Iran and only speak of war to win concessions from the next US president," said Rezaei, a former chief of Iran`s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC).
The US and Israel have not ruled out the possibility of a strike on Iran`s nuclear energy facilities.
America and its Western allies believe Iran is working towards a nuclear weapon, but Tehran denies the allegations, saying its atomic programme is for "peaceful" purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!