`Israel to lose 10,000 troops if it attacks Iran`
Tehran: An Iranian official has warned Israel that it would lose at least 10,000 soldiers in the event of a military strike on Iran, Press TV reported.
"If the Israelis attack, Iran`s deterrent power would deal a mortal blow to them and the Israeli death toll would not be less than 10,000. Therefore, they would be stopped soon," Mohsen Rezaei, secretary of Iran`s Expediency Council, was quoted as saying.
"We don`t want war, but are fully prepared to defend our country against any strike. Of course the Zionists don`t dare to invade Iran and only speak of war to win concessions from the next US president," said Rezaei, a former chief of Iran`s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC).
The US and Israel have not ruled out the possibility of a strike on Iran`s nuclear energy facilities.
America and its Western allies believe Iran is working towards a nuclear weapon, but Tehran denies the allegations, saying its atomic programme is for "peaceful" purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam