`Israel to lose 10,000 troops if it attacks Iran`
Tehran: An Iranian official has warned Israel that it would lose at least 10,000 soldiers in the event of a military strike on Iran, Press TV reported.
"If the Israelis attack, Iran`s deterrent power would deal a mortal blow to them and the Israeli death toll would not be less than 10,000. Therefore, they would be stopped soon," Mohsen Rezaei, secretary of Iran`s Expediency Council, was quoted as saying.
"We don`t want war, but are fully prepared to defend our country against any strike. Of course the Zionists don`t dare to invade Iran and only speak of war to win concessions from the next US president," said Rezaei, a former chief of Iran`s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC).
The US and Israel have not ruled out the possibility of a strike on Iran`s nuclear energy facilities.
America and its Western allies believe Iran is working towards a nuclear weapon, but Tehran denies the allegations, saying its atomic programme is for "peaceful" purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city