Israel to show anti-rocket system at India expo
Jerusalem: Leading Israeli defence companies will showcase an array of their newest technologies at the 2013 Aero-India Air Show, including the Iron Dome anti-rocket defence system.
Israel`s Defence Cooperation Authority, a division of the defence ministry, is hosting the near dozen firms selected to display their wares at the five-day event, reported Xinhua.
"Among the systems that will be displayed in Bangalore, some have been successfully used in highly-challenging combat operations, proving their effectiveness and reliability," the ministry said in a statement.
The Israeli pavilion will be highlighted by the Iron Dome anti-rocket defence system, which will be displayed in India for the first time.
The system shot down hundreds of rockets fired by Gaza militants into southern Israel during a major flare-up of cross-border violence last year.
Elbit Systems Ltd, an international defence electronics company, will display its C-MUSIC DIRCM, a system that defends commercial aircraft from shoulder-launched missiles and has recently completed a series of trials on board a Boeing 707, the ministry statement said.
"We look forward to sharing these resourceful ideas and innovative systems with our Indian friends once again," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter