Israel top court takes Palestinian detainee appeal
Jerusalem: A spokeswoman for Israeli courts says the Supreme Court will hear the case of Palestinian hunger striker Khader Adnan after a military judge rejected his appeal earlier this month.
Adnan, 33, has refused food since he was arrested in the West Bank in December.
He is protesting an Israeli policy of holding Palestinian "administrative detainees" for months without trial, presented evidence or formal charges.
The spokeswoman said on Monday that the Supreme Court will hear Adnan`s appeal on Thursday. She spoke on condition of anonymity in line with court regulations.
Adnan is the longest Palestinian detainee hunger strike in history. His doctors warned he may die before the hearing.
Adnan was a spokesman for the militant group Islamic Jihad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE