Israel, Turkey reconciliation to advance regional peace: John Kerry
Washington: The reconciliation between Israel and Turkey would advance peace and stability in the region, US Secretary of State John Kerry has said.
"The reconciliation between Israel and Turkey is a very important development that will help advance the cause of peace and stability in the region," Kerry said in a statement, adding that the leaders of the two countries deserve great credit for showing the leadership necessary to make this possible.
"As I discussed with (Israeli) Prime Minister (Benjamin) Netanyahu this evening, this will help Israel meet the many challenges it faces in the region," he said.
"We look forward to an expeditious implementation of the agreement and the full normalisation of relations so Israel and Turkey can work together to advance their common interests," Kerry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand