Israel unaware of US-Iran one-on-one talks: Netanyahu
Jerusalem: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday his country was not aware of any talks between the US and Iran, Xinhua reported.
The comments came after The New York Times reported the US and Iran had agreed to hold one-on-one talks.
Both sides were set for talks to negotiate Tehran`s nuclear power and put an end to the rift between Iran and the Western powers, the daily reported.
On Sunday, the White House, however, denied such talks.
Netanyahu also added that the best way to deter Iran`s nuclear programme is through "halting uranium enrichment, removing all enriched uranium and dismantling the underground installation in Qom," and a mix of sharper sanctions and military threat.
"I can say that as long as I am the prime minister of Israel, Israel will not allow Iran to reach a military nuclear capability, " he said.
Netanyahu made the remarks while attending a drill for regional war, tsunami and earthquake in central Israel, amid raising tensions with Iran.
Israeli and US military and rescue forces are putting their skills to the test in coping with these situations in a joint exercise that will last for three weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues