Israel uproot trees that caused clashes with Lebanon
Adaysseh: Israeli troops on Wednesday uprooted trees along the border with Lebanon where deadly clashes had erupted the previous day when the Jewish state tried to carry out the same operation, a correspondent witnessed.
The troops were seen using a crane that reached over a fence in a disputed border area near the village of Adaysseh and uprooting trees that were then thrown inside Israeli territory.
The same operation on Tuesday sparked a deadly border battle that killed two Lebanese soldiers and a journalist as well as a senior Israeli officer.
The Israelis apparently proceeded with the operation as the trees blocked their view into Lebanon.
Meanwhile, the UN peacekeeping force in Lebanon said today that the cypress tree at the center of the clash was in Israeli territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?