Israel, US finalize $10 bn arms deal
Jerusalem: US Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel and Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Ya`alon announced Monday that they reached an agreement over arms deal worth $10 billion, reported Xinhua.
Under the deal, Israel will buy various new weapons, including US missiles and advanced radar system for fighter planes.
Speaking at a joint press conference held at the military headquarters base in Tel Aviv, Hagel said the new military equipment would retain the Israeli Air Force`s edge over other countries in the region.
The recently appointed US secretary of defense arrived here on Sunday for a five-day visit in the region. Hagel is set to visit Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates during his regional tour.
Hagel told foreign reporters on the plane to Tel Aviv that the arms deal sends a "strong message to Iran".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III