Israel, US finalize $10 bn arms deal
Jerusalem: US Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel and Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Ya`alon announced Monday that they reached an agreement over arms deal worth $10 billion, reported Xinhua.
Under the deal, Israel will buy various new weapons, including US missiles and advanced radar system for fighter planes.
Speaking at a joint press conference held at the military headquarters base in Tel Aviv, Hagel said the new military equipment would retain the Israeli Air Force`s edge over other countries in the region.
The recently appointed US secretary of defense arrived here on Sunday for a five-day visit in the region. Hagel is set to visit Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates during his regional tour.
Hagel told foreign reporters on the plane to Tel Aviv that the arms deal sends a "strong message to Iran".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- 'Online purchase of sexual wellness products more preferred in Tier III cities'
- 2nd Test, Centurion: South Africa vs New Zealand - Preview
- US Open 2016: Serena Williams shoulders burden of history at Flushing Meadows
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly