Israel, US finalize $10 bn arms deal
Jerusalem: US Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel and Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Ya`alon announced Monday that they reached an agreement over arms deal worth $10 billion, reported Xinhua.
Under the deal, Israel will buy various new weapons, including US missiles and advanced radar system for fighter planes.
Speaking at a joint press conference held at the military headquarters base in Tel Aviv, Hagel said the new military equipment would retain the Israeli Air Force`s edge over other countries in the region.
The recently appointed US secretary of defense arrived here on Sunday for a five-day visit in the region. Hagel is set to visit Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates during his regional tour.
Hagel told foreign reporters on the plane to Tel Aviv that the arms deal sends a "strong message to Iran".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials