Israel will face thousands of rockets: Hezbollah
Beirut: The leader of Lebanon`s Hezbollah says the militant group would fire thousands of rockets into Israel and hit cities in the country`s heartland in any future war.
Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah`s comments came days after an eight-day Israeli offensive against Gaza ended with a truce.
Israeli aircraft launched some 1,500 strikes on targets linked to the Palestinian territory`s Hamas rulers and other groups, while Gaza militants fired roughly the same number of rockets into Israel.
Some Iranian-made Fajr-5 rockets targeted the cities of Tel Aviv and Jerusalem for the first time.
Nasrallah said in a speech in Beirut today that Israel will face "thousands of rockets that will fall on Tel Aviv and other areas if it launches an aggression against Lebanon”.
Israel and Hezbollah fought a 34-day war in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony