Israel will face thousands of rockets: Hezbollah
Beirut: The leader of Lebanon`s Hezbollah says the militant group would fire thousands of rockets into Israel and hit cities in the country`s heartland in any future war.
Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah`s comments came days after an eight-day Israeli offensive against Gaza ended with a truce.
Israeli aircraft launched some 1,500 strikes on targets linked to the Palestinian territory`s Hamas rulers and other groups, while Gaza militants fired roughly the same number of rockets into Israel.
Some Iranian-made Fajr-5 rockets targeted the cities of Tel Aviv and Jerusalem for the first time.
Nasrallah said in a speech in Beirut today that Israel will face "thousands of rockets that will fall on Tel Aviv and other areas if it launches an aggression against Lebanon”.
Israel and Hezbollah fought a 34-day war in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray