`Israel will remain America`s closest allies`
Washington: Observing that Israel will
always be one of his country`s closest allies, US President Barack Obama has said that his administration is committed to a two-state solution to the Israel-Palestine conflict.
"This is a period of profound change in the Middle East
and North Africa, as people across the region courageously
pursue the path of dignity and self-governance," Obama said as
he greeted people of Israel yesterday on the occasion of their
63rd Independence Day.
"Just as I know that Israel will always be one of our
closest allies, I believe that the region can be more peaceful
and prosperous when its people are able to fulfill their
legitimate aspirations," he said.
"We will continue our efforts with Israel and others in
the region to achieve a comprehensive peace, including a
two-state solution, and to working together toward a future of
peace, security and dignity for the people of Israel and all
the people of the region," Obama said.
"Sixty-three years ago, when Israel declared its
independence, the dream of a state for the Jewish people in
their historic homeland was finally realised. On that same
day, the US became the first country in the world to recognise
the State of Israel," he said.
The US President extended best wishes of the American
people to the people of Israel to honor their remarkable
achievements over the past six decades.
"Our two nations share a unique and unbreakable bond of
friendship that is anchored in common interests and shared
values, and the United States unwavering commitment to
Israel`s security. I have every confidence that the strong
relationship between our countries will grow deeper with each
passing year," Obama said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Fresh FIR against Radhe Maa on complaint by Dolly Bindra
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?