Israeli air strike kills Gaza militant
Jerusalem: The Israeli military says its aircraft have struck two Gaza militants who had fired mortars at southern Israel.
It says the militants were hit on Wednesday shortly after the mortar attacks. There was no immediate word from Gaza on casualties.
Earlier on Wednesday, a separate Israeli airstrike killed a militant from the Islamic Jihad faction, according to Hamas security officials.
The Israeli military says the man had smuggled weapons into Gaza and was involved in militant activity in Egypt`s Sinai peninsula, near Israel`s southern border. It didn`t elaborate.
A militant incursion into Israel from Sinai last week killed eight Israelis. That was followed by Palestinian rocket attacks and Israeli airstrikes that have not stopped despite a ceasefire reached on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!