Israeli air strike kills Gaza militant
Jerusalem: The Israeli military says its aircraft have struck two Gaza militants who had fired mortars at southern Israel.
It says the militants were hit on Wednesday shortly after the mortar attacks. There was no immediate word from Gaza on casualties.
Earlier on Wednesday, a separate Israeli airstrike killed a militant from the Islamic Jihad faction, according to Hamas security officials.
The Israeli military says the man had smuggled weapons into Gaza and was involved in militant activity in Egypt`s Sinai peninsula, near Israel`s southern border. It didn`t elaborate.
A militant incursion into Israel from Sinai last week killed eight Israelis. That was followed by Palestinian rocket attacks and Israeli airstrikes that have not stopped despite a ceasefire reached on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you