Israeli air strike kills Gaza militant
Jerusalem: The Israeli military says its aircraft have struck two Gaza militants who had fired mortars at southern Israel.
It says the militants were hit on Wednesday shortly after the mortar attacks. There was no immediate word from Gaza on casualties.
Earlier on Wednesday, a separate Israeli airstrike killed a militant from the Islamic Jihad faction, according to Hamas security officials.
The Israeli military says the man had smuggled weapons into Gaza and was involved in militant activity in Egypt`s Sinai peninsula, near Israel`s southern border. It didn`t elaborate.
A militant incursion into Israel from Sinai last week killed eight Israelis. That was followed by Palestinian rocket attacks and Israeli airstrikes that have not stopped despite a ceasefire reached on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- We have RSS training, capable of breaking necks with bare hands: BJP WB chief
- Indian Premier League 2016 Final: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Sunrisers Hyderabad — Preview
- Anirban Lahiri 5th in incomplete second round at Colonial on PGA
- Vijay Mallya seeks dismissal of ED's plea seeking his presence
- Leander Paes could soon be 6th in list of most doubles victories