Israeli air strike kills Hamas policeman in Gaza
Gaza: An Israeli air strike on a Hamas compound in the Gaza Strip killed one policeman and wounded four others Monday after Palestinian militants from the coastal territory fired a rocket into southern Israel.
The Israeli military said the air strike "hit a terror activity center in the northern Gaza Strip" after a rocket was fired into Israel hours earlier, causing no injuries.
Palestinian medical officials said the strike targeted a naval base used by Hamas, the Islamist group that controls the Gaza Strip.
Israel has said it holds Hamas responsible for any cross-border rockets fired.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened