Israeli air strikes hit Gaza Strip
Jerusalem: Israel carried out air strikes on
the Gaza Strip overnight, sources from both sides said, in what Israel said was a response to recent rocket fire against
the Jewish state.
Israeli planes targeted an arms factory in the centre of
the Palestinian territory as well as three tunnels used for
smuggling contraband, two in the north and one in the south,
the army said in a statement.
The targets were hit, the statement added.
"The targeting of these sites was in response to rockets
fired against Israel in recent days," the military said.
A security source from the Islamist Hamas movement, which controls the territory, and witnesses said there were four strikes, in Beit Lahiya, Nuseirat and two in Khan Yunis.
There were no casualties in the attack, the Hamas source
So far this month at least eight rockets have been fired
towards Israeli territory from the Palestinian enclave
controlled by the Islamist Hamas movement.
They resulted in no injuries or major damage.
Hamas has engaged in a tacit truce with Israel, secured with Egyptian mediation, but that has not stopped more radical
organisation, notably among Gaza`s Salafist minority, from
firing projectiles into southern Israel.
Four Palestinian fighters have been killed by Israeli
strikes since the end of December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical