Israeli air strikes target Hamas sites in Gaza
Gaza: Israel carried out air strikes against Hamas targets in the Gaza Strip on Thursday, the Islamist group and Palestinian witnesses said.
They said a Hamas security compound in Gaza City, a Hamas training camps in the north of the coastal territory, a smuggling tunnel in the south along the border with Egypt were hit by the Israeli aircraft. No injuries were reported.
The Israeli military said it targeted a smuggling tunnel in the south and a site used by militants in the north of Gaza after a rocket and a mortar bomb were fired from the territory into Israel.
Israel frequently responds to rocket attacks from Gaza with air strikes. It holds Hamas responsible for attacks from the Palestinian enclave, which is controlled by the Islamist group.
Palestinians have dug a network of tunnels under the border with Egypt to circumvent an Israeli blockade on their territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days