Israeli air strikes wreck Palestine stadium
Gaza: Israeli air strikes left the Palestine stadium in the Gaza Strip in ruins as a bombing campaign on the enclave entered its sixth day Monday.
The Israeli defence forces said fighters had been launching rockets at Israel from the 10,000-capacity football stadium.
A series of strikes over the weekend and Monday morning left four large holes in the pitch and caused major damage to the stands and infrastructure.
"What a stadium it was," a local resident who gave his name only as Fathi said. "They`ve left nothing at all."
The stadium was built in the 1990s and hosted many international sporting events before Israeli travel restrictions made that impossible. Palestine`s football team now uses a 7,000-capacity ground in the West Bank.
Newly launched Israeli air strikes killed three more Palestinians in the Gaza Strip Monday, taking the toll to 91 on the sixth day of the ongoing conflict.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!