Israeli air strikes wreck Palestine stadium
Gaza: Israeli air strikes left the Palestine stadium in the Gaza Strip in ruins as a bombing campaign on the enclave entered its sixth day Monday.
The Israeli defence forces said fighters had been launching rockets at Israel from the 10,000-capacity football stadium.
A series of strikes over the weekend and Monday morning left four large holes in the pitch and caused major damage to the stands and infrastructure.
"What a stadium it was," a local resident who gave his name only as Fathi said. "They`ve left nothing at all."
The stadium was built in the 1990s and hosted many international sporting events before Israeli travel restrictions made that impossible. Palestine`s football team now uses a 7,000-capacity ground in the West Bank.
Newly launched Israeli air strikes killed three more Palestinians in the Gaza Strip Monday, taking the toll to 91 on the sixth day of the ongoing conflict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price