Israeli air strikes wreck Palestine stadium
Gaza: Israeli air strikes left the Palestine stadium in the Gaza Strip in ruins as a bombing campaign on the enclave entered its sixth day Monday.
The Israeli defence forces said fighters had been launching rockets at Israel from the 10,000-capacity football stadium.
A series of strikes over the weekend and Monday morning left four large holes in the pitch and caused major damage to the stands and infrastructure.
"What a stadium it was," a local resident who gave his name only as Fathi said. "They`ve left nothing at all."
The stadium was built in the 1990s and hosted many international sporting events before Israeli travel restrictions made that impossible. Palestine`s football team now uses a 7,000-capacity ground in the West Bank.
Newly launched Israeli air strikes killed three more Palestinians in the Gaza Strip Monday, taking the toll to 91 on the sixth day of the ongoing conflict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur