Israeli air strikes wreck Palestine stadium
Gaza: Israeli air strikes left the Palestine stadium in the Gaza Strip in ruins as a bombing campaign on the enclave entered its sixth day Monday.
The Israeli defence forces said fighters had been launching rockets at Israel from the 10,000-capacity football stadium.
A series of strikes over the weekend and Monday morning left four large holes in the pitch and caused major damage to the stands and infrastructure.
"What a stadium it was," a local resident who gave his name only as Fathi said. "They`ve left nothing at all."
The stadium was built in the 1990s and hosted many international sporting events before Israeli travel restrictions made that impossible. Palestine`s football team now uses a 7,000-capacity ground in the West Bank.
Newly launched Israeli air strikes killed three more Palestinians in the Gaza Strip Monday, taking the toll to 91 on the sixth day of the ongoing conflict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing