Israeli aircraft hit Gaza after rocket attacks
Jerusalem: Israeli aircraft struck a weapons-manufacturing facility and two smuggling tunnels in the southern Gaza Strip on Thursday, in response to recent rocket attacks on Israel, the military said.
Palestinian security officials reported no injuries.
Israel went to war against militants in Hamas-ruled Gaza last winter to quash eight years of rocket and mortar fire that terrorized southern Israel and killed 18 civilians.
More than 1,400 Palestinians were killed in the war, and since it ended on January 18, the attacks have decreased sharply. According to the military`s count, 270 rockets and mortars have been fired at Israel since the three-week offensive ended on January 18, compared with more than 3,300 in 2008.
But Israel says weapons and weapons-making components still reach militants through tunnels under Gaza`s border with Egypt. And sporadic fire continues, including a rocket attack on Wednesday that caused no injuries.
The Israeli military said in a statement that it would "respond to any attempt to disrupt the calm in Israel`s southern communities."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof